Tuesday, March 11, 2008

La Jolla

In January we took a trip with my side of the family (all 20 of us!) to San Diego as one last hoorah before Craig left on his mission. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed being together and basking in the non-freezingness of California. (We apparently missed 2 nasty storms in Utah while we were gone..yippee!) We were there for an entire week...several days we went places, and others we just hung out and swam and played games. It was a blast! I'm just going to post one event at a time, so here goes La Jolla beach!

Austin's sister, Suzy, lives about 5 minutes from where we were staying. She met up with us at the beach along with her kids, Preston and Annika.

Annika, Piage and Kamae


Talia, Kamae, Kami and Paige (my sister, Tiffany's, girls)

The whole gang. Well, not quite. Marc got sick and had to leave with his family, but this is the rest of us!

We went over to see the sea lions and while we were stopped to watch, Jack dropped his binky down into their area. We didn't care about the loss of the binky as much as we were worried about one of the sea lions eating it and hurting themselves. So, Austin walked over to the station and asked one of the workers what they thought he should do. They suggested that he quietly climb down the wall and go and get it, trying not to disturb the sleeping sea lions. So, that's what he did. On his way back up, a lady gave him an earful about respecting animals and leaving them alone, etc., etc. He explained what had happened and she was pretty embarrassed.



They had a tide pool area that the kids really enjoyed. This kind of stuff is right up Austin and Paige's alley. They had a great time until they fell in the water while trying to "repel" down a little wall. Woops!




I

4 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

That looks so fun!! My brother Peter lives in La Jolla - he will be graduating next month so we need to go and visit him while he is still there. The beach looks beautiful and it appears that all had a good time!!! I am sure that lady felt silly - I wish I could have heard Austin explain to her what had happened.

Tiffany said...

Wanna go back?? I do. Lets go and ditch the kids and hubbies, girls week!

Trixy said...

Looks like a lot of fun I want to get away.

Staci said...

I love seeing all the pictures. I can't wait until our California trip in May. I know the beach will be a requirement as one of our things to do. Keep the pictures coming!