Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kidism

Man, this kid just keeps 'em comin'! He is such a crack up!

We are driving in the car...
Spencer: (pointing out the window to a girl walking on the sidewalk) "Mom! There's our babysitter! Mom, look!"
Me: "Yep! That's her!"
Spencer: "She's so nice!"
Me: "Oh, I am so glad you liked her."
Spencer: "Yeah. She was so nice. I wish she could be my mom."
Me: "Really? Oh, that makes me sad."
Spencer: "But she was so nice. I want her to be my mom."
Me: "Spence...that hurts my feelings."
Spencer: (after realizing that he really had hurt my feelings) "Oh, it's just a joke, Mom. I was just kidding...I was just joking. It's just a joke, Mom."
Me: (somewhat chuckling) "Well, that wasn't a very funny joke."
Spencer: (after a little pause....and he says this with such concern and seriousness...) "Why, Mom? Because it didn't start with knock, knock?"
I just busted up laughing and then I said, "Now, that was funny!" He didn't get it...



The other day Spencer and I were talking and he was telling me how much he liked to watch movies. Then he said, "I like them so much, that at night, when I go to bed, I watch them in my sleep." I had to explain to him that those are called dreams! He has been having some very interesting and vivid dreams lately that he tells in full detail, so that's how I knew what he was talking about. I just found it so interesting that he thought he was watching movies in his sleep!:)

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

THat is pretty funny. I think every kid goes through the "I want someone else for my mom phase." Talia has definitely been there! Except it's usually when I am being a "mean mom". But that was so cute of him to try to take it back and make it be a joke. =) LOL

Jenny G said...

So funny. I love the "dreams" idea. Where do they come up with this stuff!

Keri said...

Aren't kids the best with their blunt-ness. Love it!

ASRussell said...

that is soo funny! I can't wait til madi gets to the stage where she talks and you can actually understand her...too cute!

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Emily!
He is such a scream. I will NEVER tire of hearing the cute things that come out of his mouth!

Gigi's Thimble said...

What a funny kid!

Denise said...

Emily! Where does he come up with this stuff? What a crack up...by the way some of my kids want you as their mom and on those days I'd give them to ya!