Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quite the Contrast

(Warning: This is way outdated and overdue. It was inspired by the fact that it feels like everyone I know is taking off somewhere or doing something fun this weekend and we're not. It got me daydreaming.)

On April 16th, 2009 we woke up to this:





And we went and did this:



And three days later, we were in Cancun doing this:



And staying here:







And wearing these: (well, only some of us!)



And playing these:





Talking the boys into going with us to get these:



And visiting these:




Being scared out of our pants by signs outside of our hotel room door that looked like this:



Being pestered by these:



Trying to get the boys to stop pestering these:



Loving these:




Constantly eating a never ending supply of yummy food like that looked like this:





With our best friends/crazy people like these:


Thanks for the wonderful time! I want to go back RIGHT NOW!! Let's go! Thanks Mom and Dad for making it possible and for watching the four munckins while we went! We couldn't have done it without you!

7 comments:

Lindalu said...

I'm ready, lets do it!!! I don't remember eating that, what was it? So much fun!!!

Celeste said...

Yum! Now that looks like a vacation!

ASRussell said...

WOW...now I want to go...how fun!!!

Keri said...

Seriously, we're just staying home this weekend too. Wish we were in Cancun!! My sister just left this morning for a 7 day carribean cruise - so jealous!

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Great to see your awesome pics! Looks like you had a total blast!

Gigi's Thimble said...

I'm sold. Let's go. That food looked amazing...And the blue water. Aahh. That sounds so nice right now.

Danielle said...

I wish I could go there. Really I wish I could go anywhere with my Emily...I'm ready for our next girls trip NOW!!!!