Monday, December 10, 2007

Wannado City






We took a trip to Florida in November for Austin's sister's wedding. Austin flew out early in the week because he was able to piggy back a business trip on top of it. The girls and I flew out midweek (my mom was brave and kind enough to take the boys) and met him. The first full day we were there we took the girls to a fun place called Wannado City. It's a place indoors that looks just like a miniature city and the kids get a chance to try all different occupations. They earn fake money for doing certain jobs and have to pay money to do others. They even had a bank with bank accounts and ATM cards with pin numbers. They got to be dentists, veterinarians, clowns in a circus, rock climbers, firemen (they even got to put out a fake fire...just a building facade with lots of smoke coming out of the windows...with fire hoses that really shot water and they got to ride around the city in the fire truck..siren and all), bakers, jewelers, fashion models (that was Kamae's favorite and the only one we just had to repeat...Paige felt silly and opted to be the photographer the second time around), pizza makers, chocolateers at the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory, beauticians, marine biologists and probably even more that I can't remember. We didn't do them, but they could have also been actors and new anchors (you have to be able to read pretty well to do those). It was the cutest place and girls had a blast. We were there for five hours and weren't able to do everything. So far, Ft. Lauderdale is their only location and I think they are opening one in New York. I think it would do really well here, but you never know!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

How fun! I want to go! I won't let Brad read this, he gets way too many ideas about opening things, although it does sound like a good money maker!

Danielle said...

I knew this place looked familiar...I've been there before. After our cruise a couple of years ago we flew out of Ft. Ladurdale and killed some time at that mall-the kids weren't with us but I remember thinking this is the coolest place for kids!

Lindalu said...

You know my feelings about needing more "cool" stuff in Utah, so I'm all for it! Looks like a blast!

Heidi and Rich said...

I've missed you!! I am glad your back.