Friday, April 11, 2008

Calling All Creative Minds!!!

Silly, silly kindergartner teachers. The ones at my school asked me (yes, me) to head up/choreograph/teach all 80 kindergartners their dance for the dance festival at the end of the school year. I was really excited at first, but the more I got thinking about it, the more petrified I became. She originally told me that I'd start teaching the beginning of May, but on Monday she asked me if I could start teaching on Friday. I said, "Okay" pretending that I didn't completely procrastinate my assignment. Me? Procrastinate? Never!:) So, come Thursday night at 11:30, I decide I should probably come up with something. So, I was up until 3:00 figuring it all out. Hopefully it'll work. However, I want to use ribbon sticks. It's just like a dowel with a 2 1/2-3 foot ribbon attached to it. I need some ideas on how to make them cheap and indestructible. Any thoughts? Help me out guys!!

4 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

You are asking your blog readers to help you constuct something that is indestructible? Did you forget who you are married to? Here is my idea though, I have been using my staple gun and hot glue alot lately, and it all seems to be holding up very well around my children which might qualify it as indestuctible. Good Luck, and remind me again how in the world you are able to always stay up so late and function the next day?

Danielle said...

I will never ever forget a dance we did for a church talent show. There were about 20 of us and we danced to the song "Go for a Natural High" It actually has some really cute words in it and VERY easy to make up moves to. Good luck you crazy crazy woman...

Trixy said...

HAHAHAHAHAA funny you will be great I want to see it when its finished here is my idea call are dear friends Sara, or Gina they may have some good ideas they always amaze me good luck

Tiffany said...

You could possibly drill a hole through the dowel at one end and thread the ribbon through the hole and hot glue gun it and or tie the ribbon together after threading it through the hole. Do you see what I'm saying or am I the only one who knows what I'm talking about?? Good Luck!