Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wish us luck!!


We are finally giving it an attempt. Up until this point, the thought of it was painful, but we may actually finally be there (then again, we may really not be, but I just think we are and this could be disasterous!). Austin and I are going to attempt to take a trip with just our family. Any previous "vacations" we've ever taken with our kids either consisted of going with family or visiting family. We are not going anywhere fancy, but the place we found does meet all of the stipulations and criteria: 1) Needs to have an indoor or heated pool, 2) Needs to not be a dump, dive or hole in the wall, 3) Needs to be within close proximity of a bowling alley and a movie theater, 4) Needs to have high-speed internet seeing that Austin is on call this week 5) Needs to be no further than several hours of driving distance and 6) Needs to be somewhere warmer than here (which, as of lately, isn't too hard to do...Alaska could meet this need right now!). So, the verdict? Cedar City, here we come! Woo hoo! No offense, Ally, but I never thought I'd choose that as a vacation destination. St. George (either due to a marathon or purely Spring Break) was pretty full except for 1 1/2 to 2 star joints (not happenin', folks), so Cedar City it is! I will keep you posted on how it all goes! Like I said, wish us luck, because we're going to need it!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Good luck. I don't remember Cedar City being all that much warmer than Utah Valley, but I guess if you've got an indoor pool that won't matter quite so much.

emily said...

Yeah, after emailing a friend that grew up there, I realized the same thing. We just assumed that the more south we go, the warmer it would get, but she said the elevation's the same there as it is in Provo. Woops. It should be warming up in both areas over the next few days, so hopefully it'll be decent weather!

Staci said...

so when are you leaving for this little trip? Good luck, I'm sure it will be fun. A time to bond together as a family without any distractions is always good.
I love your new background by the way. Where did you find this one?

Danielle said...

Anywhere with a pool is where my kids want to be. I've learned my lesson after hearing at Disney World that they really wanted to go back to the hotel to swim. Next time we're going to the local Holiday Inn...have fun!

emily said...

Holiday Inn is where we're at! We've already been swimming for about 2 hours and we're going again right after breakfast!

Staci...I got it at www.cutestblogontheblock.com
It was super easy and I didn't have to redo any of the links!

The Higginbothams said...

I don't know how much longer you'll be in Cedar City, but I recommend eating at Boomers. I remember going there when visiting Becca at school and I really liked it. It's got to be one of the top places to eat in the city.

Kamae said...

I'm proud of you for going! I'll be excited to hear how the trip turned out! It was so fun to see you a couple of weeks ago, even if it was only for a day!

Kamae

Anonymous said...

What a fun family trip! Brad and I really like Cedar City - we kind of think we'd like to live there someday (you know, if we ever finish school and can find employment). If you guys get bored in Cedar City, a short drive up the mountain is Cedar Breaks and Brianhead (although they're both even higher and therefore colder).