Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kidism

This actually happened about a year ago, but this past Sunday in church reminded me of it! Austin plays the "ring game" with the kids during Sacrament meeting...the same ring game that he says his dad used to play with him. You just take off your wedding ring, clinch it in your fist and then the child currently sitting on your lap tries to get it out. (Mind you, a couple of weeks ago, Austin's ring flew several pews in front of us during church and then he forgot to get it. After a late night trip back to the church and multiple phone calls, it was regained...whew!) Well, about a year ago Spencer wanted me to play this game with him. I had never played it and I thought that the point was to try as hard as I could not to let him get the ring. Well, he was struggling to get it out of my fist and after a couple futile minutes, he looks up at me, exasperated, and says, not very quietly, "Man, this is a hard level." I about died laughing! And, at this point in time, we didn't even own a video game system, so how he knew what different "levels" were at the age of three is beyond me!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Your kids are so funny! My dad played a similiar version of the Ring game, bvut it involved guessing which hand it was in too. Good times.

ASRussell said...

Thats really funny!!! I'll have to play that game with Madi...keep her entertained

Tiffany said...

yes, we will try that as well, but I bet we will have the same outcome of the ring being thrown like 4 pews away...or Nate getting really mad (not quiet) and hitting someone!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Too funny about the "levels" comment.

Denise said...

What a crack up! i love to read all the fun things that you blog about your kids.