Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kidisms

I just found these in my "drafts". Not sure why I didn't post them...they are about a year old as well!

Spencer crying in the bathtub. I ask him what's wrong and he says, "My eyes hurt!" I ask him if he's okay and he says, "Yeah, but me and my eyes want to get out...I think."

Mom: How long are you going to be in the bathroom?
Spencer: Uh, I dunno. Like 4 hours, I think.

(Paige, walking away from the TV, silently crying)
Mom: What's wrong?
Paige: I really want those QuickGems (hair beads from an infomercial), but I can't have them.
Mom: Why not?
Paige: Because they say you have to be 18 or older and I'm not.
(I know, it sounds like a cheesy blond joke, but this conversation actually happened.)

5 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

infomercials have provided me with endless hysterically funny conversations. Ethan really wants me to get the purse that will keep me organzied so I don't have to always be looking for my phone. I love that she thinks she has to be 18.

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Em! I adore your kids. Those were both funny! I love that you think to write them down. Good for you!! Love ya!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Those are all great. I especially like the one by Paige. That's funny she actually shed a tear over it. So funny.

Staci said...

Emily reading these makes me wish I wrote the stuff my kids say down. Like the other night we had some friends over for a little superbowl party and my friend Heidi was changing her son Wyatt (he's a month younger than Michael) and Kera looks at him while she's changing him and says Wyatt's privates are much smaller than Michael's. Michael's is really long (holding her hands up to show just how long). Okay I really don't know any babies who's private parts are really long, and I know michael's aren't, but it's funny that she thought so. I'm gonna have to put this on my blog now, along with some pictures of Michael and Wyatt that we took so we can remember it later.

Staci said...

okay that sounded funny after I reread it. We didn't take pictures of their private parts, but that's what it sounded like I meant. We took pictures of the two of them together smiling and they're even holding hands in one.