Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm Back!

I feel like I've been away in some distant land, only to peek in now and again on everyone else, and now I can finally come back to bloggerville! I have been completely computerless for over a month and before that it was hit or miss with my previous monster of a laptop. Don't worry, Robyn, I loved it while it worked and it did it's job well when it did, but then it died a very slow and painful death and it was so frustrating! The main problem was with the stupid power supply. It kept burning up my power cords! Literally. I would sniff around trying to figure out what that burning plastic smell was only to figure out that my cord...the part that goes inside of the computer...is melted into a rubbery, metally mass of nothingness. Either that or the cord would snap off, leaving a bit of it in the computer. I think we were up to 4, possibly 5, on the the power cord count. Not to mention that it was missing F7-F11, numbers 8-0 and the delete key and I'm going to guess "O", "P" and ";" got ousted as well. Thank you, Jack. My poor disc drive would come completely out of the computer when you tried to open it (as in you'd be holding it in your hand...no longer connected to the computer) and the tray that held the disc was cracked so badly that you'd have to try to level it back up as you slid it back it or else it would catch. So, to all of you out there with kids who think that your computer is theirs...beware. It will never be the same! Save it while you still can!

So, my sweet husband, who just bought me a new ring for our 10 year anniversary (YIPEE! I LOVE IT!!) surprised me this month by getting me a laptop! I thought it would be awhile since the ring put us in a bit of a crunch for a short time. In our concerted effort to pay for everything upfront, I didn't even think a new computer would be an option anytime soon and knowing that it was because of me that things were tight, I consciously tried hard not to complain about being computer-less. However, I have the most unselfish, most caring husband in the world. He never ceases to amaze me. That man can figure out how to do just about anything if he puts his mind to it! I love him...a lot! Not because he buys me things, but because he always has the best interest of his family in mind and he constantly is making me feel like the most wonderful, most beautiful woman there ever was, even though it's really him that is the best husband that a woman could ever hope for! I can be a bit scatterbrained and unorganized at times (which is really frustrating to me...I don't mean to be!!) and he helps pick up that slack. You're the best, Austin!! Love you!

Wow, I didn't even see that little shout out coming when I started this post! Gotta give credit where credit is due, though! But now, because I have a working, reliable computer, I will be able to start posting again!! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all of my friends' blogs, but am excited to start sharing again what we've been up to lately! Hopefully, I'll get all of my pictures transferred over without any problems and we'll be up and running!

13 comments:

Danielle said...

YAHOO! Welcome back! where is a picture of that new ring???

ASRussell said...

oh good...I was wondering what happened to you! NIce to have you back! THat was so sweet of austen!

Keri said...

What?! A new post from Emily?? YAY!! I'm glad you're back. Now that I don't see you at Bunko this is how I can keep up on what you're doing. Can't wait to see some updates! :)

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Wow you really took that quote, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without" to heart!! I'm SO happy you got a new computer and I can't wait to start reading your blog again! I adore you and your sweet family! We both really lucked out on getting the best Hubbies ever!

Tiffany said...

Hallelujah!! I would love a laptop...period. But I am still waiting for my ring first. It will only be about 4 months late from our 10 year anniversary. =)But it's coming at least.

camillavt said...

I miss you soooo much, Emily! You have yet to meet Kaia as I have yet to meet your little boy. Can we pretty please set up a play date? ~Felloffah

Kamae said...

Yeah!! I'm excited to see "first day of school" pictures! We just started yesterday and it's so much fun watching the kids come back to school.

Heidi and Rich said...

Yippee... I have missed your posts. Austin IS the best. You knew he was a keeper from day one!!! P.S. Wouldn't it be fun to go back to the Raintree days for like a day!!! Good times:)!!!

Staci said...

Yeah! I can't wait to read your upcoming posts and see what you guys have been up to. I was just thinking of you today and wondering how life with kids back in school has been. We should chat soon!
And way to go Austin, major brownie points...mmmm brownies, that sounds good right now...

Celeste said...

Welcome back! Happy 10th Anniversary- can't wait to see the new ring and new pictures of your cute family!

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny G said...

I'm so excited that you are back to blogging again! Happy Anniversary and happy new computer!

The Higginbothams said...

Welcome back. I'm officially putting in my request for a picture of your new ring. That's so exciting!