Saturday, February 9, 2008

Christmas Day












Christmas gets more and more fun each year as the kids get older and are more aware of what's going on. I'm dreading the day when some of the magic is lost, so we are soaking it up while we can.

Santa was good to all of us this year....and as Great Grandpa Andrus always says, "It looks like we made out like bandits!" It always amazes me the things they get the biggest kick out of (usually some under $5 toy...of course).

Paige and Kamae were so surprised and excited when they got their American Girl dolls ("that look just like us!"). They each got an extra outfit...Kamae's is a hawaiin hula outfit and Paige's is a cheerleading outfit.

Jack was sure easy to please this year and he loved sitting in his new high chair. (If any of you are in the market for a high chair, we have LOVED this one. It is like a glorified booster...everything about it is the same as a high chair, but it's portable and just straps to a regular chair. That way, there's not this huge bulky highchair taking up a lot of space in the kitchen.)

Spencer loved his new inflatable punching bag and the girls have liked him to have somewhere else other than their bodies for him to practice his sweet boxing skills.

Despite all of the fun gifts, Paige summed it up very well when she made an announcement Christmas morning before my parents and Kristen and Craig left..."My favorite gift this Christmas is being able to be with my family." Christmas just wouldn't be nearly as fun without all of the family and fun traditions...we love you!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, did Paige get alot of use out of those exciting hangers? I love the Santa not paper, it looks very official!

Danielle said...

sorry note paper( I really can spell)

Tiffany said...

What a fun Christmas, Nate also got a punching bag from Santa. I guess he was hinting that they need to take out their aggression elsewhere. =) I have those pictures of your kids with Santa somewhere. I need to make you a CD of all the pics of your kids.

emily said...

I'm actually going to do a post about the hangers...you're just going to have to wait on the edge of your seat to read about it. A CD of pics would be great, Tiff. I need to do the same for yours...especially from Lego Land.

Heidi and Rich said...

What a sweet girl. I agree with the $5 toy taking the prize. One day- I'll learn and just buy them the $5 things. When is Craig leaving? That is still so shocking to me that he is old enough to be going on a mission.

Staci said...

You're getting there slowly but surely. Who cares if you're posting about christmas in february? At least you're getting it all in and it's still fun to hear about it.

Lindalu said...

Looks like they scored! Are we ever going to learn that they really are happy with very little? Anywho, I am so glad that we live close now so that we can enjoy the holidays together!