Sunday, February 24, 2008

What the poop?

(WARNING: This email is not for the weak of stomach.) I have had it with poop and throw up. Sorry to be gross, but it IS gross and that's why I'm so done! Jack and I had the flu last weekend. We dealt with it then, but today I've reached my limit. I am feeding Jack some breakfast and he throws up. Gross. I clean that up and get him out of his high chair only to discover AFTER I pick him up and put my arm under his bum to hold him that he has pooped out. So, in the tub he goes and I change my clothes because now I've got poop on my sleeve. I bathe him, let him play for a bit and...poop! Diarrhea in the tub. GROSS! And, of course, all of the toys are in there with him. So I rinse him off, move him to the other tub. I go drain the previous tub, rinse it out, fill it back up with soapy bleach water to clean the toys. I go back in to wash Jack again, and...poop! Tub #2 filled with diarrhea. So I drain the tub, rinse and wash him off again, go put a diaper on him and come back to clean that tub. Next thing I hear, is splashing. He's playing in the toilet behind me! AAAHHHH!!! I pick him up, wash his hands and into bed he goes because I'M JUST DONE!!

9 comments:

Lindalu said...

All I can say is I am so sorry--I feel your pain!!!

Danielle said...

Yuck! Nothing like some poop on the arm to make you feel like a great Mom...=) Hope everyone is better!

Staci said...

There must be some bad flu bug going around because a lot of moms I know have sick kids. I cross my fingers that I don't become on of them. If the weather would warm up already we could have them outside playing and not cooped up indoors gathering germs!
Sorry about the poop and the vomit. I'd be done too if I were you!

Heidi and Rich said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Poop stinks in more way than one!!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a pretty crappy day! Sorry...

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

You have my complete sympathy. There is nothing worse that when they poop in the tub and you have to clean it up! It sounds like you had quite the day. Sorry :(

Staci said...

I just had to let you know that last night Jacob woke up at 3 a.m. and threw up. Wasn't I just telling you that I hoped my kids don't get sick?? Here we go!

Kim Simpson said...

So we are twiners this week, we have cleaned up more than our fair share of Poop. Although I have to say I think you might have me beat. All I have to say is that next years flu shot better cover the flu that is going around.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry! Gosh that's gross! I'm not going to say that I hope that we don't get it(because we haven't had it yet) because then we will get it...as Staci's comments clearly show. But we have been lucky especially with my daycare kids having it over the weekend. Amazing. I guess our flu shots worked this year.