Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Last Day, I Promise

We inevitably started the day off swimming. Well, I guess I shouldn't say we. Austin took the kids swimming after breakfast while I went back and laid Jack down, got ready and started packing our exorbitant amount of stuff. I honestly can't believe how much stuff we ended up having to take and we actually used almost everything. It's insane. Actually, here's a picture of all of our schmack...for only two nights. Seriously?

It's never a good thing when you're glad it can all fit on one cart. So, like I was saying, the kids went swimming...again. It makes me wonder if one day we ever owned a pool if I would ever see my children dry again or if the magic would wear off after too short of a period of time. The funniest thing about all of this is that when we were driving home, I noticed that most of the kids had really rosy cheeks. I thought, "Oh, no! They're getting sick!" Then one of them mentioned that their shoulders hurt. It wasn't until Austin mentioned that his did as well that I realized that they all got a little sunburned! As you can see, it's an indoor pool! Isn't that crazy? Who would've thunk? I can only figure that it's from the reflection off of the water. So, note to self: "Wear sunblock, even indoors!?!"

When they were all done swimming, we got them all ready and Austin and I started loading up. I looked over and all of the kids are on the bed just glued to whatever was on TV. I snapped a picture, which, in turn, became a little picture fest. I took probably 10 and sadly, this is the best one. C'mon, Spencer...

That kid's impossible to take a good picture of. Most of the time I think it's because his eyes are so darn big that it's inevitable to get a shot of him with them completely open. But this? I have no explanation...

After we got all loaded up, we were definitely excited to see that all of our tires still had air in them! :) That's always a good thing. We headed out and decided to take a stroll down Main Street. It was so fun. Like I said before, it's sad that we've never done this in our own town and someday soon we need to. You never know what you're gonna find!

The kids thought this was the coolest thing on the planet.


A little further down we found the cutest soda fountain in Bulloch Drug store. My friend, Ally, recommended it and I'm so glad we went! When I'm rich I will have one of these in my house! I was in heaven. Surrounded by candy jars and soda fountains. Not just because I love candy and soda, but the whole atmosphere made me giddy. I would've loved to have grown up in the 50s and I think this is as close as I'm gonna get anytime soon!

Look at all of the candy jars behind us! Yippee!!

After sodas, candy and A LOT of free popcorn (I'm sure the girl was so glad when we finally left), we finally thought we were headed home. On the way out we spotted a museum. Austin and I decided to check it out. We laid down the rules before going in: if it would cost us less than $10, we'd go in, if it was more, we'd opt out. Well, can't beat $6 for our whole family. I thought the kids would be beggging to go home, but they loved it! We spent WAY too long there for my liking, but I was patient and let Austin and the kiddos have a grand ole' time.



Paige pretending to work an old loom.


Some funny signs I came across. If you can, try to read the small print.


Spencer could've stood here all day!


Mr. Orton's class is in session.
They all took turns being in the dunce corner. Them trying to look sad just cracked me up!
Woops!
Try again!:)

We finished up at the museum and started heading out of town.

Okay. Prepare yourselves, folks. This had to be the most entertaining part of the whole trip. I'm so glad we didn't miss it! I was driving and when I saw this, I practically stopped in the middle of the road to take this picture! I couldn't believe my eyes!

We actually saw people "LARP"ing! Time Out: The only reason I have any clue what this is is due to my quality education from Beauty and the Geek. When they explained this on the show (I guess one of the geeks was way into it), I couldn't believe that people actually did that! Then I saw a group with my own two eyes! I was belly laughing! LARP stands for Live Action Role Playing (I think) and they take these foam swords and shields and make up this whole story line and whack each other and they "lose" limbs, etc. It's ridiculous. If I didn't have all of the kids with me, I would've gone and hung out at the park just to get a closer look. The saddest part of all of it to me, though, is that I can see a stroller in the second picture. Oh, that poor, poor baby...

And thus concludes our epic journey to Cedar City. For your sakes, I hope we don't take another, more eventful trip anytime soon! But for my sake, I hope we do! We had such a fun time and it accomplished everything we hoped it would...fun, bonding and memories! I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I don't know if anyone will appreciate the LARP comment as much as I did. I feel cheated and a little jealous that you saw real live LARPers. Maybe on our next trip together we can find another one and actually participate...=)

Heidi and Rich said...

I loved the whole vacation series. When is Season Two coming - I'd buy Season One (The Orton's on Vacation) on DVD if it was offered!!! You guys are too funny.

Jenny G said...

What a fun trip. There's always something exciting with you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I am dying of laughter. Oh, Cedar City. Good heavens. I'm glad the soda fountain was fun and that you guys had a good time!

Lindalu said...

I loved all the pics. Sounds like it was a trip well worth the taking. Ever since your last post I have been craving a soda fountainish place and have been trying to locate one in Spanish...I'll let you know if I come up with anything...maybe we can take the kids next time you come down.

Tiffany said...

What a fun time you had! If you had bought your tires at Big O they would have given you another tire for free! I'm jealous of your trip! Glad they had fun...and you too!

T-bit said...

You guys have so much fun! I can't imagine doing all those things with 4 kiddos! You are amazing! No wonder your BFF with Danielle, you girls do so much and still find the time to make some amazing mixed CD's!!! I was blessed to listen to your music mastery in Austin...loved it!

Anonymous said...

Emileeeeeeeeee!
I miss you so. Love that you answered the phone when I called today.

Let's plan a girls' night WICKED soon. The picture of you in a baseball cap- eating Ben & Jerry's? Vermont's Finest? Ha ha.
"There were nights when the wind was so cold."