Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh, Jack...

If you know Jack, you know he is a man of many words at this point. He talks constantly, however, there is one slight problem. Most of what he says can't be understood. 90% of his words do not contain consonants...just vowels. It's actually kind of fun to pretend to speak Jack-ese. Just hold on to your tongue and talk...good job! You've just mastered a new language! However, to try to interpret Jack-ese, well, not so fun.

The other day, Jack was trying to tell me something. After repeated attempts, and increased frustration on both ends of this conversation, his desires were still unknown. Spencer to the rescue! In his most serious voice, and with both hands (fingers tightly pressed together) going up and down like they do when he's trying to explain something, Spencer suggests that we let him give the interpretation a try. "Mom, let me try. I can figure out what he wants. I speak Jack Spanish." Sure, enough, within 20 seconds, Spencer had it figured out and got Jack what he wanted! I tried not to laugh too hard at the term "Jack Spanish" because he was so serious at the time, but I still get a chuckle every time Jack is talking and I can only hope that one day I can be fluent in Jack Spanish...or that Jack will learn to speak correctly...whichever comes first!

4 comments:

Jenny G said...

That's classic!

Keri said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you wrote that down. That is hilarious!

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

So? What did he want?? LOL What an adorable bunch of kids you have! Thanks for sharing. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Spencer is hilarious!
M&M