Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spaghetti Reincarnated

Last night, after I wrapped up my last piano lesson, I went to pick up the girls from dance. I told Austin that there was meat in the fridge all made up ready to be formed into meatballs and thrown in the oven. Well, I knew Austin and Spencer were up to something when I left and Austin whispered to Spencer, "Don't tell, okay?" and Spencer got a very mischievous grin on his face. I didn't pry so that they could have their fun. Well, to my surprise, spaghetti with meatballs turned into....dun, dun, dun... "Dead Man with Blood and Worms". Spencer thought this was the coolest thing ever and I must say that Austin was pretty proud. As Spencer was giving me the tour of this dish (the dead guy, the noodle worms, the blood sauce) he then went a little impromptu and added, "And there's his spirit." Austin: "His what?" Spencer: "The smoke rising up...it's his Spirit." Insightful or disturbing? I'll leave that up to you to decide. Anyone want to come over for dinner?

The olive eyes and frown make me laugh!

And just before the blessing, I handed Austin the knife to cut him up with (yuck) and he immediately did this....

Now that's just gross.
(Despite the presentation, dinner was morbidly delicious!)

11 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm glad you posted on Facebook that you have a blog. I'm not sure I'll be able to eat spaghetti and meatballs again any time soon!

Steve and Elva said...

Great. We laughed til we hurt.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that! I am so glad you wrote that up and took pictures. Austin is GREAT!
M&M

Lindalu said...

Love it!

Celeste said...

What a fun Dad Austin is! Sounds like a deathly yummy dinner.

Keri said...

Oh my gosh...that is hilarious! When I first saw the picture I thought he was the gingerbread man. :)

Gigi's Thimble said...

That is so funny!!! I love when husbands know how to have fun with their kids. I'm sure Spencer loved that meal. Good memories for them both I'm sure.

Danielle said...

HAA!!! ok that it hilarious...love it!

OUR CHAOTIC CLAN said...

Oh My!!! That's great!! I roared with laughter out loud! How fun for Spencer. Austin IS a great Dad!

Denise said...

I about fell off my chair laughing! I want Chefs Spencer and Austin to come to my house and make dinner. McKenna saw it and immediately said, "EWWW! Dat's gwoss!" Austin, that was just sick and wrong but, pretty dang funny.

Mandy Judd said...

This is SOOO funny! I think I might have to make this for inner tonight. haha