Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oh, Paige...

Today, the kids watched the movie "The Mailbox" for the first time. Austin put it on for them and let me sleep in! It's one of those old church movies and it's about a lonely elderly lady. So, I come downstairs just as the movie ends and Kamae starts telling me about it. She says, "We just watched a movie about an old lady who got some mail from her kids and then she walked back to her house from the mailbox and when she got inside, she took her coat off and sat in the chair and died." Then, Paige follows that up with, "That's a bummer, huh, Mom?"

4 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

That is hilarious. I did not know anyone besides jared's family had any of those movies still. I can't watch them, since most of them make me cry. Kamae has some good retention skills though!

Heidi and Rich said...

How sad!! I remember that movie. At least the girls weren't in tears. Way to go Austin - wives need ot sleep in every once in a while!!!

Kim Simpson said...

Okay so this has nothing to do with your post but I just had to comment. Everytime I click on your blog and the music starts it makes me think of our raintree mix of which I still have, and it is still one of my faves since it brings back so many fun memories. Our wall, upside down day in austin and scott's apartment, way too much eating out.. good times!!

Tiffany said...

Funny Paige! Ok how do you do the music thing on the website? I assume you need to change the template of the blog or something? Let me know.