Thursday, September 20, 2007

Only a boy...

Sorry about the underwear shot (oh, but don't let that mislead you...he's nowhere near being potty trained, we just tried one day), but this is a funny story. My mom and I are in the kitchen (which is to the right) canning peaches and I look over and see Spencer with his head in the jumper seat with his feet on the floor and he keeps jumping up and down and trying to walk his feet up the legs of the jumper. I watch him for several minutes and he is being very persistent! I finally ask him what he is doing and he said, "I'm trying to get my face in the hole, Mom." Eventually he was able to get his head completely in the seat and both legs in the air. I think his goal was to get his entire head through the hole, but thank goodness it wouldn't fit. Could you imagine trying to get him back out? No, thanks.

Then, that night, after the kids have gone to bed, Austin goes into Spencer & Jack's room to lay Jack down. He looks around and doesn't see Spencer in his bed, where he is supposed to be. After some searching, he finds him and then calls me up to show me.


He had fallen asleep under the bed, clear back by the wall. It really is a good thing that it wasn't me trying to find him because I think I would have gone straight to panic mode, considering it had only been a couple of days since our "scary stranger incident".

Then, this is how I find Spencer, the very next day. Apparently, he had used so much energy making this huge mess that he just couldn't function any longer. Oh, and yes, this was before the big toy haul to the dungeon.

6 comments:

Becca said...

How do you manage to keep up with that kid? I think I'll stick with girls. :-)

Tiffany said...

Such a boy! My neighbor watched Nate and the girls while I went to city council. (her yongest is Talias age) and I was only gone for about 45 minutes. I came back to her house(which is usually spotless)and she very nicely said,"Wow, he has a lot of energy, doesn't he? Is he always like this?" Always! So I kind of can't wait for Nate to try and stick his head in the hole in our jumper! I think it would be funny!! Spencer is just dropping whereever he deems necessary, huh? =)

emily said...

Becca--I obviously don't keep up with him very well. It can be very tiring. But then you just get to the point of doing what I did and taking all of his toys away. However, after two girls and all of the emotional drama that comes with them, I begged and pleaded with Heavenly Father for a boy. I specifically remember telling him (I know that's not how it's supposed to work, but I thought I'd try anyway) that if he gave me a boy next I would clean up after him all day long as long as he wasn't as emotional as my girls. Well, guess what? I got what I wanted! Now I get to deal with emotions (I know, my girls are more emotional than most)and huge messes (and Jack hasn't even begun to contribute to that yet). AAHHH!!!:)

Jenny G said...

This made me laugh right out loud. Who puts their head in a jumper! That's awesome. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Heidi and Rich said...

Boys are a handful but I love my little guys. My Spencer is crazy in his own way but at least he'll sit down and enjoy a book or TV show. I lvoe it when they are so tired they fall asleep in the middle of doing something. I wish our Spencers could play together.

Danielle said...

I wish my boys would just crash anywhere...at least he's got that going for him!