Thursday, January 3, 2008

Donna and Drew's Wedding Reception


They started the reception by serving an amazing dinner. They had a special children's menu and before it could even arrive, I look over and see Kamae sleeping right at the dinner table! Poor thing....it had been a long day and she was really sunburned. Austin ran and bought some Aloe Vera from the gift shop in the hotel lobby and I was able to put her head on my lap, unbutton the back of her dress, and rub aloe on her back without her even waking up. She was out! One problem, though. They (she and Paige) had worked hard to rehearse a song to sing at the reception. They hadn't done it yet. So, we let her sleep for a little while and then woke her up. I had to use every bribe in the book to get her in the mood to want to sing. I knew once she completely woke up she'd want to do it, but getting her to that point was a challenge. I kept asking her, "What can I give you to get you to sing?" She finally said, "Mom, the only thing I want in this whole world right now is to go to sleep." Aaaahhhh....what do you do? So, I gave up and just took her on the dance floor with me and started dancing. She finally woke up completely and was her happy self...thank goodness!:)

I found Kamae just in the nick of time. I'm pretty sure she was about to take a finger-full of frosting right before I found her (she did that to Paige's castle cake on Paige's 4th birthday), but she claims that she was just touching the flowers. Hmmm...either way, it's a good thing I found her when I did!


Aunt Suzy was so smart to bring little activity bags for all of the flower girls. We lined some chairs up and set them up along this little wall at the back of the reception. It was perfect and kept them entertained for a surprising amount of time!


Here is a video of the girls' "performance" at the reception. They sang, "What I've Been Looking For" from the High School Musical soundtrack. Paige is on the left and Kamae is on the right. I really wish I had moved them up into the light a little more, but oh well! Sorry!




I thought the cake was beautiful! The thing that amazed me is that the pink stripes aren't ribbon like I expected them to be. I suppose they are a fondant of some sort, but they were metallic looking...very cool! It's hard to tell from this picture, but the cake topper is an "R" for their last name.

Cutting the cake...





Austin's parents enjoying being able to relax and watch everyone dance!
Grandpa and the girls were too tired to last the entire reception! It was getting pretty late and it had been a long, event-filled day! The three of them decided to call it a night!


Like I said before, the whole wedding and reception was perfect! It was well planned, the weather was great and everything was gorgeous! Thanks again, Donna, for a wonderful time and for the great memories!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Gee, it's a shame your girls are so shy...they need to come down to my house and do High School Musical on the Wii!

Heidi and Rich said...

I loved the performance...you two are so cute. THe wedding does look beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics and video.

Tiffany said...

What a good job the girls did!! Poor Kamae falling asleep. Sounds like something Kami would do. That is a priceless picture of Kamae with the wedding cake! =) I was just looking at it mom!