Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pizza and Christmas Cookies



Well, we had our 1st annual Christmas pizza and cookie night with the Rogers. We had the kids make their own English muffin pizzas and then we all decorated cookies for Santa (and some for us, too, of course!)

Sorry, my kids look pretty ratty. It was their first day off for winter break and since I spent all day in the kitchen making sugar cookies (dang, those take a long time...especially with three helpers), I didn't even bother to do anyone's hair. We're lucky they were dressed for the day. If I recall correctly, I had just gotten out of the shower myself when the Rogers arrived that evening! Anyway, we had a great time and the kids loved decorating the cookies. As you can see, Spencer was a huge fan of the red crystals! Scott was extremely impressed with Linda's "artistic frosting abilities" and "attention to detail" and I even caught Austin getting into the spirit of it. It was a fun night...one that we'll definitely repeat next year!





3 comments:

Lindalu said...

Scott was kind of funny, because I am so not an artist!!! Can't wait for next year--we had a blast and the cookies were amazing! Thanks Em!

Danielle said...

Did i motivate you to blog? I feel so proud...Spencer's cookies like like Kali's, real works of art!

Heidi and Rich said...

Sounds like a party. The cookies looked like perfection - you must have a good recipe and an eye for detail!!!