Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

I know I am several holidays behind, but I know that if I don't do it now, it'll never get done! We were lucky enough to be able to have my entire family around for Thanksgiving this year and we all met at my parents' house in Draper for the feast.

So, we had a stroke of genius this year and decided to feed all of the kids first. We set their dishes on top of ours and that way no one had to eat at the dreaded Thanksgiving "kid table". They felt just like grown ups and then all the grown ups were able to eat our scrumptious dinner in peace! One of our favorite Andrus Family Thanksgiving traditions are the famous orange rolls. I was put in charge this year and, as always, made way too many (6 dozen didn't sound like too many until I saw them all bagged up on my kitchen table!). Unfortunately, the kids like them just as much as we do (with the exception of Codey who "prefers rolls that do not have orange rind in them"). I didn't get to Paige fast enough to take her picture before she popped the rest of hers in her mouth, which she so graciously agreed to show me.


5 comments:

Staci said...

Great pics of the kids and the rolls. You're almost caught up, just a few more holidays to go! How was "Price is Right"? What did you win???

Sarah Anne said...

I love these perspective pictures. What a great memory to preserve. Good eye and good thinking. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was yummy and satisfying. We loved seeing you, I just wish it could have been for longer-not enough time to sit and talk and talk. The kids eating first is a stroke of genius. Why didn't you share your genius with the rest of us?

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily Its SarahJo up in washington> Merry Christmas and Happy new Year. I am so impressed with all of your efforts. this is an awsome page. I am not a blogger and in fact this is only the 2nd blog I have read,(the 1st was Sara annes and she showed it to me) Your family is amazing and soooo cute steve and I hopw all is well with you guys. I don't call yourself a slacker, you should see more of my life and you would be sooo proud of yourself. Lots of Love the Kelso Raders

Kim Simpson said...

I am thinking you need to post the recipie for those rolls. Reading about them is giving me a nice little pregnancy craving!

Tiffany said...

Good job with the orange rolls. I surprisingly only ate 2 of them. I got too full with the rest of the meal! Next time I will know better and eat an orange roll before dinner even starts!