Saturday, October 27, 2007

I just don’t think that a person would do that

I told my daughter, Paige (6 yrs old), that I ate an octopus when I was in Florida. She would not believe me. I showed her a picture of the vat of octopi from the restaurant, thinking that would convince her that I was telling the truth. However, she pointed out that just because I had a picture did not mean that I actually ate an octopus. She wanted video. I offered her a chance to call someone who was there, but she insisted that she would not believe anyone. She said, “I just don’t think that a person would do that.” I even showed her a video that I found on YouTube of a man eating a live octopus (not sure I could do that.) But, Paige refuses to be convinced that her dad actually ate an octopus. It is just too weird for her. I guess next time I will have to take video.

5 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

Austin that is amazing. I would never eat an octopus but than again you've always been more daring than I!!!

Kim Simpson said...

That just goes to show you that Austin will eat anything to fulfill his never ending appetite. That picture looks like something from Survivor.

Danielle said...

Did he eat a big one like that guy? Remember when they had to do that on the Amazing Race? It starts again on Sunday-YEAH!!!

emily said...

No, I think they were about the size of the ones in the picture and they weren't alive....ew!!!!

Staci said...

I just checked out the video. REally, why eat something that's alive and still moving! That's disgusting!