Friday, September 12, 2008

Big lessons from a little boy

Spencer walks upstairs with a handful of Honeycomb cereal. Jack starts grunting that he wants some so I ask Spencer if he will share.

Spencer: "Sure. Whenever Jack wants some, I will share."
Me: "Spence, that's so nice. Thanks for sharing."
Spencer: "I will always share with my brother and sisters whenever they want something. I want to obey."
Me: "You have been really good about obeying lately. That makes me so happy."
Spencer: "Yeah. I like to obey because I want to see Jesus. Mom, that's how you see Jesus, right?"

My heart just melted. Yes, Spencer, that's exactly right.

6 comments:

Jenny G said...

Wow, that is very cute. Can you please teach Jack that it's fun to be nice? I don't know where my innocent, obedient, cute boy went the last few months :)

Staci said...

What an insightful thing to say. Kids are definitely closer to the spirit at times than us adults. Way to go Spencer!

Celeste said...

What a smart and well-taught boy you have! You guys have done such a great job teaching your kids.

Trixy said...

I love it when they say things like that because I have to stop and say oh good I am doing something right

Tiffany said...

Awwwwe....I wish my kids would learn that soon! What a good boy!

Keri said...

So darn cute! It just makes you love them to death!