Monday, September 8, 2008

Retro Post- Utah Jazz Half-time Performance

Well, since I can't post anything current, I decided to go back through older pictures and see if there was anything I skipped over! Of course, I found some, but I can't believe I didn't post about this fun event!

The girls' dance company was invited to perform at the Utah Jazz game half-time last April! It was such a neat experience and I am so happy my girls got this opportunity. There were lots of extra late-night (well, late for my girls) practices, but all of the hard work was worth it! I took them out of school for the day and we headed up to the Salt Lake Energy Solutions Arena for their afternoon rehearsal. It was awesome because the arena was empty and we pretty much had the place to ourselves!





After the rehearsal, we went and got some lunch and then went to my mom's house to get them ready for showtime! We did hair and make-up and got them all dressed in their costumes!

They were so excited, but once we walked in and they saw how many people were there, the excitement got mixed with nerves! We watched the first quarter of the game from our nosebleed seats and the longer we were there, the more excited they got! After the first quarter we headed down to meet their dance team! They did so great! Unfortunately, not everyone there was interested in the half-time show, including a group of four men with front row seats. They decided to stand up and carry on a conversation, standing the whole time right in front of Paige. I wanted to walk down there and give them all a swift kick to the rear!:) Luckily, my mom got some pictures of her because I couldn't see her at all from where I was video taping!! Grr.... However, the camera man followed Paige on their walk off of the floor and she was on the Jumbo tron alone for about 10 seconds and I was able capture that on tape!:)


7 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Wow! Celebreties huh? That looks like it was such a fun experience. Way to capture it all. They are both so beautiful and talented.

Tiffany said...

how fun, sorry I missed it!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Your girls are so cute. That must be so fun for you and them! Brings back lots of memories for me, looking at those pics. Fun times for them.

Heidi and Rich said...

BYU Cougarettes here they come. I can't believe they are already doing such big performances. Way to go girls.

Heidi and Rich said...

Em - can you tell your sister that I loved reading her posts but I can't since she went private. Can I be invited to her blog?!?

Keri said...

How cute are your girls! Looks like they had a blast.

Trixy said...

How cute Thanks for taking such cute pics you always come through for me