Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Day of School...A Month Later!

Sadly, I still haven't found my camera cable, but Austin borrowed a USB adapter from a co-worker that let me plug my camera card straight into my computer. So, I now have some of last month's pictures! Hooray!

The girls started school on August 18th and they go at 8:00 in the morning! If any of you know me very well, you know how much of a stretch that is, but once we got in the habit, it actually hasn't been too bad! In fact, I even find myself waking up at precisely 6:57am...even on the weekends...grrr... Don't fret, though. I am awake long enough to look at the clock and then I'm off to the land of nod again! I know...shocker!









Paige is now in 2nd grade and has a first year teacher, Mrs. Hendershot. She is adorable and I am impressed at her enthusiasm and confidence. We also have a brand new principal who was the director over the student teachers. I was told that he picked the cream of the crop to come and work at his school and so far, I can vouch for that! She's from Benicia, CA (one of our bitter rivals in high school softball), but I didn't hold that against her!:)


Kamae is in 1st grade and fortunately has Mrs. Hacking, who was Paige's kindergarten teacher. She's a veteran teacher (she's technically already retired, took a year off and now is back!). She knows what she's doing and is pretty strict, but loving at the same time. I was a bit frustrated with the lack of progress in kindergarten last year and I am glad that she has Mrs. Hacking to pick up the pieces. I know she'll make great progress this year!

3 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

That is so good that they have awesome teachers. There are fewer and fewer teachers out there with lots of enthusiasm and desire. Tell the girls they looked marvelous on their first day of school!!!

Danielle said...

They are looking so grown up! What cute girls you have!

Aubri said...

I can't get over how big Paige looks with that cute haircut...I remember when she was a tiny baby! Stop all of this growing!!