Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Pre-School....A Month Later

Spencer had his first day of pre-school at Knowledge Adventure on August 26th. I got talking to the owner at a BBQ (she's actually a sister-in-law of a friend of mine) and we ended up trading piano lessons for pre-school! It's perfect! Also, Spencer gets to go with his best friend, Carmyn and it's only about 2 blocks from our house! He absoluetly loves it and his vocabulary and "team work" skills have grown tremendously!

*If you look closely, you can see on the very bottom of his chin where he biffed it! He tripped on a rock and abruptly introduced his chin to the tree trunk!

Robyn and I decided to take these two munchkins out to lunch at Carl's Jr. to make their first day of school even more special. My friend, Krissy, even agreed to hold on to Jack for a little while so that we could make it just about them (thanks, Krissy!) If you haven't seen Spencer and Carmyn together, you should...they are like an old married couple! They just crack us up! I have some more pictures of them together, so I'll elaborate more on it in another post.I was totally teasing Robyn on this morning because she was all emotional about Carmyn going to pre-school. I couldn't even mention anything about it without her getting teary. I was laughing and saying that she'll get over it real fast and that I have been counting down these days. So, I am walking Spencer down the stairs on our way into pre-school and he is holding my hand. I squeezed his hand and then he squeezed mine back. The flood gates immediately opened and there I was with tears streaming down my face. I was trying to hide it because Austin was right behind me and I know he'd think I was ridiculous and I know for sure that Robyn would have had a hay day with that!:) Talk about eating crow! I think I cried a little on Paige's first day of kindergarten, but other than that, it's pretty much been a non-cry fest for me. I was a little caught off guard myself, but when he squeezed my hand it was just like he was saying, "It's okay to let go, mom. It'll be okay." Ahhh...how am I going to handle my kids going off to college? I can't even think about that one...getting teary-eyed just thinkin' about it...

5 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

So fun. He is so cute. I'd love to hear about his little relationship!!! Oh - I am due Dec. 17th (hopefully she'll come earlier.

Heidi and Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste said...

Wow...almost all of your kids in school, I bet you're loving that! What an ideal trade for preschool, saves some serious money.

Aubri said...

Wow! I can't believe that Spencer is such a big boy! Good job Spencer! Enjoy some time alone with Jack...it all goes by too fast!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Emily, I haven't seen you forever! You look so great and Spencer is all grown up now. I hope you're doing well and hope to see you around sometime. Are you going to be less busy now that you're not the Secretary anymore?
Take care.