Friday, August 31, 2007

Bad Nachos


I know most of you have already read this, but for those of you who haven't, this is some good entertainment! We went to the movies on a Friday night and Austin was a bit annoyed by something and he, mostly joking, sent Cinemark an email. Here's how it all went down:

Austin's letter to Cinemark:

I would be remiss if I did not pass along some feedback on my snack
experience tonight. It is a simple concern, but for some reason it
ticked me off. My nachos did not have near enough cheese to truly be
considered nachos. In addition, the temperature of the cheese was not
sufficient to allow it to ooze across the chips the way it should. It
all came out of the container in one large glob. All in all, really poor
nachos. I brought my concerns to the attention of the clerk, who
informed me that he could sell me more cheese for $1.50. Really, you
give the customer inadequate, cold cheese and then seek to charge him
more money to make the situation right? He looked at me as if I were
asking some grand thing to be spotted a little cheese, quite rude.
Since my movie was starting, I chose not to pursue the matter further, I
took my crappy, overprices semi-nachos and went to enjoy being at the
movies. Thankfully the movie was better than the nachos.

Austin


Dear Austin,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve. We are always on the look out for better ways to improve our service and product. Many times people will accept sub-par service and say nothing, allowing the problem to get worse. We take every comment and concern from our guests VERY seriously. At CINEMARK, it the goal of every one of our employees that every customer leave our buildings totally and completely satisfied. Occasionally we lose sight of this goal and thanks to emails such as this one, we get a little wake-up call.
As for your nachos, you are entirely right. When you think of Nachos, you usually imagine cheese flowing from chip to chip. You look at the mass of cheese and chips and search for that one perfect chip that has as much cheese as physics will allow, but just enough room for you to get your fingers on it. To me that's what makes great nachos. Our nachos can be that way. But in order for them to be all that they can be, they must be prepared properly. The cheese must be hot and fresh. It sounds like the cheese was not even close to being ready. For this I apologize. After all, it's the cheese that makes the Nachos. Our concessionist should have offered you the extra cheese and nachos for free being that you were dissatisfied. We guarantee our product. If it is not fresh or tastes bad, let a Manager know and we will fix it or refund your money. I will be addressing all of our staff on how to properly serve our guests. I will let them know that if our guest is not satisfied with our product it is our job to fix it or refund their money.
We understand that often times it's the little things that make the biggest impact on your overall movie going experience. Movie Theaters are known for their Nachos. We don't want you to remember your experience here with bad Nachos. I have passed this on to the CINEMARK Food and Beverage Department in hopes that they may have another possible solution to this issue. I would like to invite you back to our theater to give us and our Nachos another shot, on us. If you will reply to this message with your mailing address, I would love to send you some complimentary movie passes as well as a gift card that you can use to purchase Nachos. You may also stop by the theater and we can get these to you.
Thank you for letting us know where we made a mistake. If you ever have a question, concern, comment or would simply like to chat movies, come find me at the theater. I would love to hear from you.

General Manager



As if the email response wasn't enough, there's more to the story! Austin went in to redeem our tickets and nachos before we went to the movies on Friday night. He met with Brandon (who's in his early 20's) and they kind of laughed over the emails. Then he said, "Let me go get the tickets for you." He left for a minute and then came back and said, "Oh, I forgot to ask you how many people are in your family." Austin wasn't quite sure why he was asking, but somewhat hopeful that he might actually give us a ticket for every member of our family. When Brandon came back, he handed Austin 12, yes 12, free tickets! How crazy is that? But wait, we're not done! He then goes into the ticket booth and hands Austin a $20 gift card to use at concessions. So, I think we figured that we ended up with a bit over $100 worth of stuff all for the $1.50 worth of extra cheese that that, what we now think, AWESOME "concessionist" didn't feel like giving us. So, pretty much, Brandon's awesome!

2 comments:

Staci said...

I already commented on this in your email, but I think that is so awesome of Brandon!

Anonymous said...

Hi
http://www.health-runr2.com/ - generic vardenafil
There are many different benefits of levitra.
[url=http://www.health-runr2.com/]levitra price[/url]
Now let us see something related to history of levitra.
buy levitra
Till now no major side effects of levitra has been known and if you use it carefully, it will never provide you any adverse effects.