Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Paige's 1st Day of 1st Grade





Paige was beyond excited to go to her first day of school. Her teacher, Miss Larsen, is so sweet and she just couldn't wait to buy school lunch like a big kid. It seems like she has changed so much since I dropped her off for her first day of kindergarten. Her conversations are so much more grown up and I am amazed at the stuff she can pick up on now. (She can tell you all of the details in the love triangle with Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay and Ryan...not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but she amazed me when she explained it all to me!) I am just having to come to grips with the fact that I now have a little girl that's not so little anymore. There's a huge part of me, however, that is so excited about this transformation. I'm excited to have a shopping buddy and someone who will watch shows with me like American Idol, The Next Food Network Star, So You Think You Can Dance, etc. and get all caught up in them just like I do. She gets so excited about products she sees on infomercials and I love hearing her describe them to me in detail and tell me that I'm over 18 so I can order them and I just have to have it! I'm excited for my new little budding friend! I love her to pieces and am so thrilled to be able watch her grow up!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey did you keep your old crimping iron for that hairstyle? I wish I still had mine...love the outfit!

emily said...

I actually was going to comment on the hair in the post, but I decided against it. But, you're the second person to ask me about it, so here's the story. I was going for more of a loose wave look, so the night before, we braided her hair. Apparently I made the braids too small and it did end up looking like I used a crimper. It wasn't at all the look I was going for, but Paige absolutely loved it. She loved how it looked, but especially how it felt. For those of us 80s girls, you know that crimped hair feels awesome! Anyway, I was ready to get her hair all wet and start over, but she wouldn't have it. I decided that I wouldn't pursue it and just let her be happy on her first day. So there's the story behind the awesome hair!

Kim Simpson said...

I personally loved the crimped style. So cute Paige. Cute blog. So glad you have joined the blogging world. Now I am able to keep up with you! Check ours out
simpson-family.blogspot.com

Heidi and Rich said...

Paige is adorable. Tell Kamae & Paige both that they are so cute. I used to be a first/second grade teacher and I too was amazed at thow much they knew at such ayoung age. Much more socially aware then I ever was at that age.