Thursday, August 2, 2007

It was a good idea...at first...



When we went to Virginia last summer, one of the girls' favorite memories was playing outside in the rain. It just started down pouring and since it was so warm, we just sent them all out in their clothes and they got soaked. They thought that was the coolest thing ever! So, everytime it has rained in Utah since then, they've asked, excuse me, I mean begged, to go play out in the rain. What they haven't understood is that when it's cold outside it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. So, it's August and blistering hot, and it's raining. It's finally time to let them get their swimsuits on and go have a hay day in the rain. They've been begging for it for a year now. They all stampede upstairs, literally screaming with delight. They get their swimsuits on quicker than I've ever seen them do anything and they all run outside. I am not exaggerating in any way shape or form when I say that they are all back in my kitchen, dripping wet, shivering, yelling, "I need my towel!!! I need my towel!!!" in less than 3 minutes. What? Seriously? So, we sent them back outside to wait for their towels. That's when Austin snapped this picture of Spencer. If you can't tell, he's got the pout face down!!

1 comments:

Gigi's Thimble said...

Great blog Emily! It was really fun to hear your cute stories about your kids. Those pictures of Paige on her first day of school were darling! And, I can't believe your kids are already having slumber parties! Those pics through me for a loop - they're getting so grown up!
Love, Ambs