Saturday, August 18, 2007

These pictures are not for the squeamish...



So, if you haven't noticed by the dates of the last two posts, we had a busy Saturday with the dance auditions and then getting ready for the girls' pajama party. Well, in the middle of the High School Musical 2 party, Kamae comes up to me and says, "Daddy needs to talk to you." So, I go find him in the downstairs bathroom holding a washcloth to his forehead. I thought maybe he was feverish or had a headache or something. So, I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I think I need stitches." I had him show me and I about lost my pizza right then and there. I really don' t do well with these sorts of things. (Hopefully Austin will be home when our kids decide to do something similar!) He was putting up shelves in our laundry room and couldn't get enough weight behind the drill to drill into the stud. So, standing on a step ladder, he went to put his foot on the door frame which was directly behind him so he could push off and get the "umph" that he needed. Well, when he went to push off, his foot slipped and went through the doorway instead of on the door frame and he lost his balance and it sent him flying toward the door frame. Since his hands were full of screws and the drill, his forehead is what stopped the fall, right on the corner of the door frame. Ouch!! Well, here I've got a husband who needs to go to the hospital with a head injury and a housefull of 8 wild girls and two little boys. What do I do? I keep telling Austin that I'm sure any of the mom's of these girls would come over to help watch while I took him to the ER or I could find someone to drive him. Being the macho man that he his, he insists that I stay and that he'll drive himself. I was just worried that he might black out on the way, but apparently I was "overreacting". So, he wrapped an ace bandage over the washcloth and around his head and off he went. Luckily, I was overreacting and he arrived there safely. He ended up getting 26 stitches, 4 (maybe 5?) of those being deep tissue stitches. He was able to get the stitches out 5 or 6 days later and it seems to be healing really well! So, that was the end of our fun filled day! Oh, I forgot to mention that on the way home from seeing the results from the dance auditions the alternator in our car went out and the car died on us about 6 blocks from home. It was a lovely day!

1 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

Oh my gosh!! That is awful Emily - I cannot believe that all happened in one day. You are a champ!!