Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kamae's First Day of Kindergarten





You'd think that because I did this with Paige just last year that it wouldn't be as hard to see my second child go to kindergarten on her first day. I wasn't a blubbering mess, but I was a bit choked up on the drive over. Once I got there and saw how excited she was to be there, it got easier. It's just hard knowing that she's now entering the phase of life where there's more outside influences on her and that she's going to have to make her own decisions and I just pray that they are the right ones! I know she'll do great in school and her teacher seems nice (this is her first year teaching at this school, so I don't know much about her). I thoroughly enjoy getting to see her walk in the door after school (I'm usually teaching piano and carpool drops her off), looking so grown up and excited to tell me all about her day! I hope that part never ends!

3 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

I love that outfit. Where did you find those tights? I can't believe you already have two in school.

emily said...

Hey Kim! I got the tights at The Children's Place outlet in Park City. I actually bought a striped sweater that goes with it, but when I put it all on her it made me dizzy! A little too much!

Staci said...

I have to say how much I enjoy reading your blog Em. It makes me seriously consider creating my own. Just haven't done it quite yet. I love reading blogs though, and I get to keep in touch with you on a more frequent basis when life gets too chaotic.
I love the pictures of the girls first day of school. Your photos are great! So clear. Love the tights too Kamae. :)