Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dance Auditions






This was the first time these girls had to audition for dance. Last year was the first time this dance studio had a competing team for the little girls Paige's age and the owner kind of just hand picked her group. Well, this year, they had to audition, numbers and all. It was very nerve racking as a mother because you drop them off and sit in a room and they've covered all of the windows, so no one can see in. So, you have no idea how they did, but all you can do is hope they did well. The girls weren't nervous one bit! They both felt they did well! I was hoping for Kamae to make the team that Paige was on last year and that Paige would make the next level up. Well, that didn't happen! Paige made the group we were hoping for and Kamae superceded my expectations and made the same group as Paige! Woo hoo! That will be so much easier for me to handle. So, we are very proud of both of them and can't wait to start this new year of dance!

3 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

Wow - dance auditions. BYU Cougarettes here they come!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, your girls have got to be the cutest things I've ever seen!! I absolutly LOVE these dance pictures :) Of course when ever I think of dance I think of the good ol days at YV and dance Senior year! Thanks for sharing your Blog with me :)
Take Care,
Love Renee

emily said...

I do the same thing, Renee. It actually makes my heart ache because I miss it and I miss dancing. Maybe once I get my body back, I'll have to take some sort of class again. It'll never be the same though, will it? Thinking back, you and I pretty much ran that whole class. That's crazy! It was a good experience for us!